Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate a piece of lemon poppy cake. Is it toxic. A lemon…

Customer Question
My dog ate a...

My dog ate a piece of lemon poppy cake. Is it toxic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?

Yes a lemon poppy cake

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He is white German Shepard about 60 lbs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Lemon poppy cake isn't a toxic situation for a dog. He shouldn't have any issues from this besides the very small chance of some diarrhea from the eating of this new treat for him. There isn't a need to do anything at this time for this. IN a house situation, the more common toxicity issues are chocolate, caffeine, sugarless products that have xylitol, grapes and raisins. These are the things that can potentially be of big concern. Tell him to stay out of trouble.