Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

French bulldog, multiple rounds of antibiotics, continually…

Customer Question
french bulldog, multiple rounds...

french bulldog, multiple rounds of antibiotics, continually gets sores on sides and back, sometimes face.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Paisley and 1.5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Paisley?

Been on the same food Natural ba***** *****mited ing. duck/potato

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Based on the history and the breed of dog there is very very likely an underlying allergic problem. Either to food or something in the air.

I would recommend that you switch the diet to a veterinary prescription diet designed for food allergy dogs.

In the interim you will want to clear up the skin infections and treat with a short course of anti-itch prednisone.

Then we will wait and see how she responds to the food allergy trial.

Make sense?

Paul

Where can I get the food/medicine?
thank you.

You can obtain the food at any veterinary clinic.

And you can request the prednisone from your veterinarian.

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul