Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an 8 year old male goldendoodle. He is house trained,

I have an 8...

I have an 8 year old male goldendoodle. He is house trained, but has been having loss of bladder x 2 days with a strong odor. He does not seem to strain or have pain. He has also been drinking a lot more lately. Concerned he may have a UTI?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Weight loss- probably about 10 pounds in 2 months.

10/22/2017
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

Yes, the urinary accidents and strong odor may indicate a UTI, but the increased water intake and weight loss is very concerning and may be a sign of something more serious. I would strongly advise you to have him examined by your vet and to have labwork, including a blood panel and urinalysis performed to rule out metabolic disorders such as kidney disease or diabetes among others which may be the source of his problem.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
This is helpful. Taking him in. Thank you!

You are most welcome. Good luck with him.

Thank you kindly for the positive rating. It is truly appreciated.

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian