Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog was playing at the dog park and it was a dirt field.

It's a short snout dog...
My dog was playing at the dog park and it was a dirt field. It's a short snout dog so I think all of the dust got to him and I woke up to him throwing up pink almost buddy looking, and he's just very slow and lethargic. I'm pretty sure the dust really irritated his Longs and I'm trying to see what can be done over the counter to help him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He's a Frenchy, Boston, mix. Six years old male
10/22/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Is he vomiting or coughing up the pink colored fluid?

Paul

Oh dear that does not look good.

Could he have gotten into something?

Even so we still need to get him sorted out.

It is not unusual for them to have some blood mixed in the vomitus due to the pressure on the vesels in the stomach wall when they vomit.

Here is what you should do:

Double check as best you can about poisons in the dog park.

No food today.

You can offer small amounts of water over the day.

Update me tonight.

IF he continues to vomit then he should be examined.

IF he does not then we can start him with cooked hamburger and rice tomorrow AM

I am not a big fan of pepto bismol or kaopectate as they really dont work.

Make sense?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yup. Ok. I will let u know tonight! Thanks so much.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh, I know that I picked up my friend so we could take both the dogs to the park. In the backyard area I did notice he was eating a little bit of grass that was in a potted plant. Outside that he didn't eat anything else
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I put chlorophyll in his water

Thanks for the extra history.

It will not hurt

And dont forget to rate me- that is how I get paid :)

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I get in touch with you tonight? And absolutely I will totally review happy happy stars

Sorry- I am told to write that at the end of my chats uggh.

You can just send me an e-mail here. The link stays open.

Standing by.

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi there. So here is the update. He was lethargic all day. Didn't throw up again. He drank the heck out of the chlorophyll water. The next morning, he was super sleepy but did eat and hid down the chicken rice mix. As of today, he's fine but constipated.

Hi.

Okay we are making progress.

You can add some canned pumpkin to the food.

That will soften up the stools.

is he straining to poop?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian