Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 11 year old boxer went outside to use the restroom a

Customer Question
couple nights ago. When she...
My 11 year old boxer went outside to use the restroom a couple nights ago. When she back in, she hunched over lifted her left paw and slowly collapsed. There were two bark scorpions in our yard that we saw. We took her to the ER and she seemed to be improving so they suggested we monitor her and bring her to the vet in the AM. The vet says she has an arrhythmia and has prescribed meds. I'm starting to feel she may have been stung by a scorpion since she is walking with a hunched back and yelps as if she is in pain sometimes
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How many nights ago did this happen?

Can you see anywhere she has been stung?

What treatments is she specifically on?

Just as hunching is a pain sign usually seen with problems in the hips/back or abdomen, has she had any issues passing stool?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian