Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He Is salivating and licking himself, just suddenly came…

He Is salivating and...

He Is salivating and licking himself, just suddenly came on.. 7 yr old labrador

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Buster

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buster?

This happened 3 days ago. he was fine the next day, but vomited his dinner whenit was hapening

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Buster eat anything unusual?

Not that we know of. it is dinner time, but I hesitate to feed him right now

I have not heard back, I am concerned this is a fake site. I am calling my bank to cancel the charge.
What is the delay?
10/22/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

do you still want help?

This is DRB and I can help you if you would like....

this is not a fake site....but there are only so many vets online and we are answering many questions...would you still like help?

salivation is an indication of possible nausea in a dog......

Please let me know if you still need help as I can help you...I am online and available for chat...

OK, what should I do?

Is there any vomiting?

no.

Did he eat dinner tonight? Did he have access to anything unusual? Any frogs or toads, any food he should not have had?

He just ate his dinner, we gave a smaller amount just in case. We do not think he had access to anything unusual.

Is the salivating still occurring?

Can he have nausea from being hungry?

Usually not......but typically if dog's are truly nauseous they will not eat.....

he is still salivating. he keeps shaking his head like his ears are bothering him.

If your dog is eating and there is no vomiting then I have to wonder if he happen to taste something like an insect or lick a frog or something that made him salivate.....

does he have something stuck in his palate or in between a tooth?

No frogs here, he has been inside all day, he had his walk early this morning.
I found nothing on the palate or teeth

Unfortunatley No way for me to know exactly why he is salivating then without an exam.......you will have to take him to the ER or wait it out.....Can I answer any other questions for you or help you in any way?

no, thank you, ***** ***** great evening

I hope that makes sense.....

If you do not currently have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

please let me know if I can offer additional assistance in any way as I ma happy to answer follow up questions for you....this question will stay open for several days.....DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian