Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an 8 year old pug with a large growth (vet thought as

Customer Question
of a month ago that...
I have an 8 year old pug with a large growth (vet thought as of a month ago that it was just a fatty deposit, said we could remove for cosmetic reasons but didn't look dangerous) on her hind end. Usually it droops (almost like a testicle) and today it has suddenly swelled a lot at the base and looks as if it's going to burst. It looks painful, but she doesn't seem bothered when I poke around it. It almost looks like an enormous, sore pimple that's going to pop- I just tried to call the vet but they are closed for the weekend. Does this sound like an emergency? Anything I should be doing?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lulu
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lulu?
Customer: She has issues typical of pugs- chronic dry eye, is being treated for ear infection right now- other than that she is healthy. She's current on all vaccinations.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Can you send me a photo? That will really help me to help you.

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian