Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Eye doctor and I have a question I have a pug mix with lab

Customer Question
Eye doctor my name is...
Eye doctor my name is ***** ***** I have a question I have a pug mix with lab she's five years old and she weighs about 38 to 40 lb out of ignorance I gave her some grapes not today I took her fishing she was fine she ran and she played and she was in the water I see no symptoms to show that she is ill but I read and heard that giving your dog grapes are very toxic I'm very worried that something may be wrong with her right now she is asleep she didn't appear to have any problems I contacted my vet for tomorrow left a message to take her in but as of right now I don't see any symptoms should I be worried that she's going to have a kidney problems from eating the grapes I think the amount of grapes that I gave her for about maybe 10 so would you please help me with this I'm very worried
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the pug ate?
Customer: Yes I gave her grapes yesterday it was around maybe four or five but the day she was her normal self I didn't see any vomiting or lethargic Behavior she was active barking as usual but I'm still worried and concerned
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pug?
Customer: No she's had her vaccinations and check up she's just a fairly healthy girl she's a pug and a lab mix her name is ***** ***** is just one social lovable dog and I don't want to lose her
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Zula. I just came online and saw your question about her.

Grapes and raisins are not always toxic; sometimes they are safe and sometimes not. We still do not know what about them makes dogs sick sometimes.

How long since she got them? If she is eating, urinating, and acting normal, she may not have the reaction and kidney problems that some dogs get. If you are worried, just have your veterinarian do a blood test that checks her kidney numbers and if they are normal, she should be fine.

I hope she continues to do well. Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago

I did not hear back from you; I hope you saw my response. How is Zula doing?

Was my answer helpful? Can I answer any other questions?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian