Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We have a puppy that also has the same fecal issue. Could

they both have a virus?...
We have a puppy that also has the same fecal issue. Could they both have a virus?
10/18/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB....can you tell me what is going on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DrB, I am the one with Dozer the mastiff. We also have a puppy with diarrhea. I was wondering if they could have a virus?

Hi, is your puppy sick other than the diarrhea? In other words is the puppy eating, drinking , not vomiting etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only other thing he has is itchy ears and a spot where he's losing hair on his back....which I believe is allergies. He actually has an appt with the vet this weekend.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is eating, drinking and full of energy

ok, so this could be parasites or it could be food allergy.......

It is possible that the puppy gave your older dog parasites....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it possible that both dogs having diarrhea is related or coincidence?

Yes it could be related and that would be most likely but it could also be coincidental too.....need parasite testing to know for sure....

So if your puppy is doing well, then probably not viral....

more likley parasites or food allergy....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand. Thank you again for your time sir.

Happy to help.....but it is mam...not sir......

You have a good night and let me know if you need any additional help. Remember I check my computer every night.....DRB

If you do not currently have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I apologize for assuming

no worries......I get that all the time......:) Have a great night!

and do let me know if you have additional questions.......

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You as well

:)

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian