Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Have any vets at your organisation used water soluable CBD

to treat dogs. Our dog...
Have any vets at your organisation used water soluable CBD to treat dogs. Our dog has an unoperable tumour in his nose and is on steroids to help with inflamation. We hope CBD coukd assist him further but our vets dont know anything about it or even how to measure dosage. We can get this from a herbalist. Can you help me.Many thanks
Rosie fraser
10/17/2017
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Rebecca. I look forward to hearing from you

I am sorry to hear about your dog having this tumor.

There has been no research in CBD oil in dogs, so no dose is known. CBD oils are not standard concentration; each one is different depending on where you buy it.

There is a dose in CBD oil made from hemp. I found this on VIN, Veterinary Information Network:

0.1-0.2mg/kg twice daily. If no effect within 14 days, then raise dose in two week gradually to 0.5mg/kg twice daily. I like Rx Vitamins product, HempRx.

If you tell me his weight, I can convert mg/kg to a dose for you.

Here is a website for pets using cannabinol:

https://www.treatibles.com

Again, the claims made are not backed by any research; they are just claims made by the manufacturer.

Please let me know if this is helpful, and if you have more questions. I would love to know if it helps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there Rebecca?

Did you not see what I sent?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry Rebecca. I didnt see your response. Please give md a moment to look at it

I will send again:

here has been no research in CBD oil in dogs, so no dose is known. CBD oils are not standard concentration; each one is different depending on where you buy it.

https://www.treatibles.com

OK; sorry I just sent it again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Rebecca. That is helpful thank. Tommy, our dogs weight is approx 27 kg.

You are welcome. If he is 27 kg, start at 3 to 5 mg twice daily, and gradually increase to 14 mg, twice daily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you get tommys weight ok

Yes. Did you see the doses I sent?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Im so sorry rebecca there is a delay in me getting your answers. I have you last one now though regarding dosage. Thank you so much.

You are welcome! Kindly consider rating my answer, so the website knows I assisted you! Let me know if it helps.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks again. I will look over the info you provided and should god be looking down on us, and tommy gets a good result from this last attempt to help him. I will let you know. Kindest regards. Rosie x
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi again rebecca. Tommy's nose seems really congested. Is there anything we can do to clear it bearing in mind the tumour is there

You could try over the counter children's nose drops. I also like using eyedrops containing antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication as nose drops, but that is by prescription so you have to get them from a veterinarian who has seen and examined him.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian