Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was treated for hot spot on neck. taking Keflex and…

My dog was treated...

My dog was treated for hot spot on neck. taking Keflex and apoquel. very dry scab. Would it be a good idea to also put bacitracin on wound?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

As long as he doesn't scratch it. But it has a large crust on it and it located on the fold near the back of his neck. (English bulldog)

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Sunny age 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sunny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sunny?

He's on blood pressure medicine. High blood pressure. That's it.

10/13/2017
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your question today.

You can definitely put some bacitracin on the area. You can also use a little cortisone cream, too. Mix a little of each together & apply this twice a day. It should soften the scab & reduce inflammation. Continue this until the scab falls off & the skin no longer looks very red.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Hello, I see you have viewed my response. Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions if you have any. If you do not, please do not forget to rate my answer as this is the only manner in which I may receive credit for my help. I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you.

Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian