Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

What is the per LB dosage of rimadyl for a 9.1 LB puppy?

Also what is the per...
What is the per LB dosage of rimadyl for a 9.1 LB puppy? Also what is the per LB dosage of tramadol?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2017
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

The normal dosage for Rimadyl in dogs is 1mg per pound every 12 hours. You can read about precautions, side effects and additional dosing information on the following page.

https://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/drug-library/library/carprofen-rimadyl-novox-quellin-for-dogs-and-cats/

The normal dosage of tramadol most prescribed is 1-2mg per pound every 8-12 hours for post operative pain. More information on dosage range, precautions, usage and side effects can be found here:

https://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/drug-library/library/tramadol-hydrochloride-ultram-for-dogs-and-cats/

I have to mention that no prescription medication should be given to a dog without first consulting with your vet. I hope I've given you great service. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating. The rating should be based on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated until a rating is done. If you have any other questions at all, please reply here and I'll be happy to follow up with you even after you have rated. .

jadedangel57

I'm just following up on our conversation about Peppy. How is everything going?

jadedangel57