Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She ate a cooked chicken bone a few days ago, displays no

symptoms other than a small...
She ate a cooked chicken bone a few days ago, displays no symptoms other than a small amount of blood in her stool today. Should I continue to keep an eye on her or take her into the vet immediately?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Grace, 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Grace?
Customer: No
10/13/2017
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I’m sorry to hear about Grace’s stool situation. If she is eating and drinking normally with no vomiting, then this wouldn’t seem like a rush to the vet situation. Some can have some colitis due to eating something new and it may last for a couple days. It may resolve on its own. A trip to the vet would be a good idea if she was vomiting or not eating. A trip there would be good if the stools aren’t improving in a couple days.
Thank you so much for your help. I will keep a close eye on her and give her extra love. I really appreciate your advice.

No problem! I hope that all goes well for Grace.

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian