Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate 3 mucinex dm pills and I am not sure on how many

of he Walgreens allergy relief...
My dog ate 3 mucinex dm pills and I am not sure on how many of he Walgreens allergy relief pills and some cough drops
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jolene. About 2.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jolene?
Customer: She's about 60 lbs. Boxer pit mix.
10/10/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- What is the active ingredient of the Walgreens allergy relief pills and milligrams?

2- How long has it been since she ate it?

3- Were the cough drops sugar-free? If so, do they have xylitol?

4- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

1 diphenhydramine hci 25 mg
2 within the last hour and a half.
3 Cough drops are Halls menthol wirh honey
4 that's the brown bottle stuff? Yes.

1- Do you have any idea of how many Benadryl (allergy relief) she took?

2- Can you check if the hydrogen peroxide you have is 3% (see label)?

3- Is she showing any symptoms?

I am not sure. The bottle and packaging was shredded. At least 5 maybe more. She's acting normal. A little clingy, but that could be from me panicking.
It is 3%.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, depending on how many she ate will depend if this will be toxic for her or not; the fact that we do not know the amount she consumed I would try to get her to vomit with hydrogen peroxide 3%. This is what you can do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- If she does not vomit or you do not see the pills in the vomit observe her for the next 24 hours. If she becomes lethargic or hyperactive, difficulty breathing, etc. have her checked by ER veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

What is the best way to give her the tablespoon?

You can squirt 15 mls directly into her mouth between her cheeks and molars. Or, mix it with 1 tablespoon of milk and she may drink it on her own.

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Ok. Thank you for your assistance!

You're welcome. :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is doing great. I had her checked out on Monday and the got the all clear.

Fantastic! Thank you for the update.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian