Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I accidentally gave my 21 pound Shih Tzu a Vetoryl pill

Customer Question
meant for my 41 pound...
I accidentally gave my 21 pound Shih Tzu a Vetoryl pill meant for my 41 pound beagle. I induced vomiting with hydrogen peroxide but do not see the pill although he vomitted quite a bit. Please advise.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Shih Tzu eat anything unusual?
Customer: just the pill
JA: What is the Shih Tzu's name and age?
Customer: Steve and 11 years old he is a survivor of lymphoma now over two years well
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Steve?
Customer: He also survived lyme's disease otherwise he is very strong. But he is an older dog
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long ago did this happen?

How long after did you induce vomiting?

What mg was the tablet?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian