Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Under a vets care for a very raw looking rectum. No

Customer Question
Under a vets care...

Under a vets care for a very raw looking rectum. No diarrhea, notchewing, Vet put 10 month old pug on stool softener, told me to use baby suppositories to lubricant. Did this for 5 Days 4 x a day. Result seems to have made rectal tissue raw looking. Stopped that. Warm water cleanse after poop I’m doing.See vet again on tuesday

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

Rosie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosie?

Is this red lining a prolapse or swollen lining or a fissure

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time? Can you share a picture of what you're seeing? How old is Rosie?

Rosie is only 10 months old and is a pug. How do I send a photo
Thank You but I will move up my ROSIE,s appointment for tomorrow. I’m not to happy about the charges and don’t want to subscribe to a monthly service charge.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Alas, I don't have any control over charges. I just work with customers like yourself. I can connect you with our customer service department, though, once we're finished working together and you can discuss your concerns with them. I have no access to any billing info.