Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My female neutered 7 year old cocker spaniel went to vets on…

Customer Question
Hi there, my female...

Hi there, my female neutered 7 year old cocker spaniel went to vets on Wednesday, she was off her food and has another UTI (she's prone to them) vet tested urine see which did have blood in it and she's been prescribed Cephorum tablets. She has been off her food for almost a week (never happened with UTI before) and am having to give her tablets with a bit of peanut butter as she is just not eating. She is not vomiting, has no diarrhoea and is a little 'under the weather' . We are due to go away on Sunday and she's going into kennels but although kennels will continue with her tablets, with her not eating I have visions of picking her up half the dog she was! Any advice would be most welcome!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Holly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Holly?

Only that she's had UTI's before and never been off her food, hence my worrying this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Hi there, I've just had to take her back to the vets as she collapsed and went off her back legs and her breathing was bad. Vet has taken bloods, but when palpating her bladder says something isn't right as dog was tensing and licking lips. She's back on her feet now but very quiet and sleepy. Should hopefully get results a little later on.

Let me know if you need additional assistance today. I hope all goes well for Miss Holly.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian