Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We are on vacation and Copernicus began vomiting after

Customer Question
We are on vacation...

We are on vacation and Copernicus began vomiting after anything eaten. The vomit had a yellow coloring and he also began having diarrhea with yellow coloring. He has been acting normally, wanting to play, run, bark, eat and drink. We stopped feeding normal kibble and switched to brown rice. The vomiting has stopped but diarrhea is still persisting. This has been occurring for 3 days now and I'm getting concerned.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He is a 5 year old Corgi. Some of the other dogs in the house have experienced similar issues but not too the extent of Copernicus' symptoms

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
A call isn't necessary if the expert doesn't feel it ous warranted.
10/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?