Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I was just wondering if this other stuff going on with Gucci…

Customer Question
I was just wondering if...
I was just wondering if this other stuff going on with Gucci may be related? Last week her nose was bleeding it looks like she burnt it trying to steal a steak off the BBQ. Only we weren't barbequing the night she started bleeding it was the night before. She's also licking her foot a lot and the it wasn't but a few months ago she chewed it big hole in it but I followed the vets advise and two days later it was healed up. This poor animal is limping around with a bad ear, leg, nose and mouth judging from the smacking noises she makes. I got her some over the counter ear mite and tic medicine and when I put it in her head was on the bed rubbing it so fast It looked like a epileptic seizure.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What medication was used on Gucci?

Has she had a veterinary visit for the nose bleed?

Did she also burn her mouth?

she had on some medication from pet armor that I picked up a Safeway in thier ears thought is was ear mite since my roommates dog had them severe months back. Took her to vet but they did not want to check her mouth and teeth like as in ear nose and throat doctor. they had me muscle her so they could sedate her to clean out her ears. they put a medication in not sure what it was that time released for the next week\. Supposed to bring her back next week for a repeat but at 500 its a lot more than I plan to spend on that or I should say my son because its his dog. Have you ever heard of a condition that affects their nose outside to the point of bleeding and the same goes for ears and mouth. There is a smell in mount that I have had with her. Shes not eating yet either which makes putting the amoxicillin ant trazadone in possible. in possible..
Shes been shaking her head back and forth like ear mites but they put in a medication to,e released

Can you share a picture of this medication?

Did I understand correctly that you applied it to the ears? Can you describe this?

Can you also share pictures of the nose/mouth where she was bleeding from attempting to get the steak?