Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She now has no hair on the top of her. Has been biting the…

Customer Question
She now has no...

She now has no hair on the top of her butt. Has been biting the hair off her tail at the base and the upper legs. . She seems like she is itching. I have tried to do oamteal baths. Can u help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Annie and she is 2. I have a Doberman female and a ,Australian shepard/periniz

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Annie?

They have no problems with fleas

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to learn Annie is losing her hair. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Does she have any lesions in the area like sores, redness, flaky, etc.?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

5- Is she on any medications?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian