Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Shepard has a bump on roof of mouth that is bleeding

Customer Question
JA: I'm sorry to hear...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

You did not say what age your dog is but if he is older, most likely this is a tumor that has ulcerated and will continue to blled until it can be removed. This could be a benign mass or cancer which is why it is extremely important that you have your vet examine this area very soon. There is no way to stop this bleeding until your vet can know what the problem is and how best to handle it. Take your shepard to your vet as soon as possible...this could be very serious for him since it also could be an autoimmune disease and other conditions that will cause excessive bleeding. This case will need to be worked up to know for sure what will be best for your sweet guy.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian