Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My service dog is having lots of pain. He is 14 and having…

Customer Question
My service dog is...

My service dog is having lots of pain. He is 14 and having such a hard time moving around. I would like to hive him 1/2 of a Norco. It contains Hydrocodone and 325 ancetaminfin. So if I cut the pill in half he would get 5mg of codeine and half of the 325 ancetaminfin. Please help.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

Oh no he just has weakness, started limping today.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Harley he has been my service dog for 16 years.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harley?

No he's very healthy. We do give him baby a spin at bedtime but this limp is very new.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Harley has been a member of our family. Please we want to spend, every moment together.
10/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You're constrained by the acetaminophen dose which shouldn't exceed 7 mg per pound of body weight. How much does Harley weigh, please?