Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can consuming 1 week old still water from an outdoor kiddie…

Customer Question
Can consuming 1 week old...
Can consuming 1 week old still water from an outdoor kiddie pool (very small size) cause septic arthritis in a puppy?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

No, friend. Not likely for septic arthritis to occur after drinking stagnant water.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Would it be possible if his raw food was contaminated?

What are the symptoms your dog is showing?

Well he has lameness in his back right leg. I took him to a specialist today and he was almost 100% sure it was a TTA; however, x-rays showed no fracture, just an abnormal amount of fluid... so he did a joint tap and will call me of Friday. My puppy has no fever and wants to play still and he just attempted to do the crazy sprint in circles thing in the yard so he’s back in his crate to rest now.

1- How old is your dog?

2- TTA?

4.5 months
Tibial tuberosity avulsion

I am sorry, but, I am a bit confused. Where does septic arthritis come in?

Septic arthritis comes in because of the abnormally high amount of fluid present in his knee
he just now slipped on the little rug by the door and is limping way worse and is crying :-( I’m going to take him back to the specialist later this afternoon .
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian