Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a diarrea. He is very active and happy but he…

Customer Question
Hello, my dog has...

Hello, my dog has a diarrea.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

He is very active and happy but he often have to go and he cant make outside and he poops int he house very loose

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Its name is ***** ***** shoud be 4 years.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Coco?

I can tell Coco is a happy dog, always moving the tale, even when no body directs to him, I may be say he could be hyperactive dog, and he jumps high,, so he can jump to the counter and eat anything is there.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to learn Coco has diarrhea. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Any blood in the stool?

3- Is he on any medications?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

5- How much does he weigh?

6- Any other symptoms?

2 days
No,
No,
Nothing that I know
je weight 17 pounds
no

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Okay. thank you.... I want you to answer my question..

Friend, diarrhea can be caused by many different medical conditions. The fact that he has to go frequently and is not making outside suggest that his large intestines could be inflamed. Common causes are dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, or even part of a systemic disease to name a few causes. This is what you can do:

1- Pepto Bismol 1/2 teaspoon every 8 hours for 1-2 days.

2- No food or water for 8-12 hours, need to give his gastrointestinal tract time to rest. Then, offer a small amount of water followed by a diet of rice (75%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (25%) until the stool is back to normal then wean him back into his regular diet.

3- Supplement with a probiotic, these are friendly bacteria that help with regularity and inflammation. You can buy this over the counter in any pet store.

4- If after doing the above you do not see improvement within 24 hours I would have him checked by your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter