Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog discovered cheese residue wrapped in Aluminum foil and…

Customer Question
Dog discovered cheese residue...

Dog discovered cheese residue wrapped in Aluminum foil and ate some foil.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Black Lab 7 years old named Beau

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Beau

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Beau. How long ago did this happen? Any idea as to the amount of foil eaten?

this morning, about 4 square inches. crumpled up

How is he acting at this time? Any vomiting?

no

Is he eating and drinking normally?

please cancel my subscription

I will have to forward this after we are done to have that taken care of by the moderator. That is good that he's not having any vomiting and that he's eating and drinking normally. IN a case like this, is that aluminum foil going to cause a blockage? The signs to watch for that could indicate it are vomiting and loss of appetite for over 24 hours. AS long as he's acting normal, eating normal, and not vomiting - then it wouldn't seem to be an issue. He could have chewed it into smaller portions that could pass.