Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Vomiting all day, turned to watery or foamy. Just had one…

Customer Question
Vomiting all day, turned...

Vomiting all day, turned to watery or foamy. Just had one incident of bloody loose stool.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog, 28 pounds, very mixed breed one year old. Oh mercy.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Don't care about messes. What bothers me is the bloody diarrea

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Redd. She's also acts like she has a painful tummy, doesn't have any appetite all day. Removed all food. Maybe I should remove water?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Redd?

She is up on all her shots, including parvo. Spayed as a puppy. She is actually one and a half/. We love her.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian