Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog with epilepsy takes 160 mg of phenobarbital twice…

Customer Question
My dog with epilepsy...

My dog with epilepsy takes 160 mg of phenobarbital twice daily. I was giving him his morning dose and one of my other dogs got it. I have two big collies one golden lab and a havanese. I don’t know which one got the pills. Now what

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

The dog with epilepsy is Cory and two years old. The problem is that one of the other dogs accidentally got the medicine. I don’t know which one. Two of the dogs weigh zbout 80 pounds but the havanese is 18 pounds. Will the dosage be harmful to the dog that received it

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I don’t know which dog got the pills. It was either Oro or Milagro or Caz.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Two of the dogs are about 80pounds and Oro is 18 pounds

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. So another dog got the 160 mg of phenobarbital and the smallest one that could possibly have gotten it is 18 pounds? Is that one on any medications?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian