Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

2 weeks ago, my 9 month old Berner dog ran straight into a…

Customer Question
2 weeks ago, my...

2 weeks ago, my 9 month old Berner dog ran straight into a glass door at full speed. He was crying out and wimpering, so I took him to the vet. The vet is pretty old school. He gave him so anti-inflammorties and pain meds. It's been two weeks. Now he walks around stiff, won't turn his head. And it still wimpering. Should I take him to another vet? What about xrays?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Bear

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bear?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Bear.

There is nothing wrong with old school, and just trying anti inflammatories at first was a great idea, but if he is continuing to have problems, I would recommend getting X-rays and another opinion after 2 weeks. If he walks stiff, and won't turn his head, it sounds like something in his neck is not healing.

I would start with X-rays, and maybe add pain meds and muscle relaxants. The next step would be MRI.

Please let me know how he is doing and if this is helpful and what other questions you may have.

How is Bear doing? I hope you were able to see my response.

Please let me know if this was helpful, and if you have any other questions.