Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I think she got hit by a car because her spine is crooked…

Customer Question
I think she got...

I think she got hit by a car because her spine is crooked and cant move her neck. I was at work and my family found her like that and brought her inside now i dont know what to do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Pixie and shes almost 4. But im sure her spine is broken or fractured because i run my finger down her spine and it has a sharp 45 ° angle in it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pixie?

She's still very aware and willing to drink water but i cant move her cause when i do she lets me know it hurts her

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I dont have a lot of money and i love her and dont want to put her down but i dont want to take her to the vet and them try to make me spend thousands to help her live a life still suffering cause her spine looks broken and i dont know what that means for a dog??? Please help me i dont know what to do
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sheena Christensen,
 replied 10 months ago
Sheena Christensen

I am so sorry to hear that Pixie is so hurt. I know you are nervous to go to the veterinarian, but Pixie needs a doctor badly. If her back is broken she needs pain relief and she needs an x-ray to find out the severity of her injury. Just be open with your veterinarian and let them know your financial limitations. They will do everything they can to help you and Pixie. Please take her. She needs you more than every right now. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Again, I am so sorry to hear that Pixie is going through this. Thank you for reaching out to find help for Pixie. If you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it if you would rate my service.

Its 2 in the morning right now. Will she be able to make it through the night and what can i do?
She keeps trying to move and i think im gonna have to sleep next to her so she doesnt feel like she is alone and keeps moving. It looks like her neck is her problem. I will take her cause shes fighting but im just scared for her.
Dog Veterinarian: Sheena Christensen,
 replied 10 months ago

I​t is completely understandable to be scared for her. If taking her in now is an option, I would recommend it if for no other reason than to get her some pain relief. If my back or neck were badly injured, I would want some pain relief. I don't want you to regret waiting if you find out that it was serious. I know this is so hard.