Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

My dog has cherry eyes and is having surgery on them this

Customer Question

My dog has cherry eyes and is having surgery on them this Thursday. The vet has him on artificial tears ointment and cyclosporine 0.2% oph ointment. Can I use liquid eye drops in his eyes like Thera Tears
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Button and he's 5 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Button?
Customer: He's a miniature poodle mix
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I would be hesitant to add a third topical eye medication in this situation and perhaps increase the frequency of the artificial tears alternatively. The theratears have additional ingredients that can be an irritant to the eyes and we certainly want to avoid that

Please try increase in frequency of the artificial tears to see if this helps with Button's irritation and hopefully this will be enough to get you through to the 48 hour period until surgery

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both and hope surgery in a few days is successful

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!