Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 11 year old pug is shaking and panting, he did throw up…

Customer Question
My 11 year old pug...
My 11 year old pug is shaking and panting, he did throw up once. He started shaking several hours ago and just recently started panting.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your pug, please?

While his symptoms are important, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Shaking and panting are usually associated with pain, anxiety, or both. Vomiting is a nonspecific sign of GI disturbances. Shaking, panting, and autonomic signs such as vomiting and diarrhea can also indicate complex partial seizures.

Took him to the vet and he has pancreatitis

Thank you for taking the time to let me know. I'm pleased to hear that he was attended to. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian