Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Due to a moving situation, we are going to have to move our…

Customer Question
Due to a moving...

Due to a moving situation, we are going to have to move our dog out of the house temporarily. However, our dog gets sick when we go on vacation, so we don't know whether boarding is a good idea or not. Our dog is getting old, so we are worried that he is too weak to be separated from us for months or however long we need to be separated. He stops eating and drinking, and this would require long term boarding. Any suggestions?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have you considered a long-term pet sitter in their home?

Has your companion managed any successful stays in boarding when you're on vacation?

What type of sickness does he experience?