Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a pregnant 3 lb yorkie. We only feed blue buffalo. I…

Customer Question
I have a pregnant...

I have a pregnant 3 lb yorkie . We only feed blue buffalo. I noticed she had diarrhea & her anus is swollen & open a little. What could be wrong?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No she seems tired but is almost due to deliver so I don’t think much about that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 7 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

How close to delivery is she?

Is she still eating?

Has she been scratching and displaying nesting behavior?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian