Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I was wondering if there would be any harm to Delilah(don't…

Customer Question
Hi Dr.Peter, I was...
Hi Dr.Peter, I was wondering if there would be any harm to Delilah(don't know if you remember her, she's about 10 lbs, 7 months, chiwauwa/Pomeranian mix... previously u answered "poop-worm" question) if I used flea/tick shampoo for cats on her and also pet armour plus for cats?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, welcome back. Yes, I remember, Delilah belonged to the homeless girl. Thank you for the picture, she is soooo cute! :)

I am sorry for the delay in response I was offline when you posted the question. As far as using Pet armour plus for cats, the active ingredient is the same in dogs you just need to make certain it is the same weight, it would be safe. I would not use the flea and tick shampoo if you are using Pet armour. Finally, also important to vacuum the home if she has fleas and wash all of her bedding. You can treat the home with a powder called Fleabusters. You can buy fleabuster in Amazon.com and I thinWalmartrt may carry it as well.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter