Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has abnormal looking X-ray of adominal area. Dr. says…

Customer Question
My dog has abnormal...

My dog has abnormal looking X-ray of adominal area. Dr. says intestines don't look right. Dog has lost appetite for 99% of food, however still will eat roast beef . The dog isn't having bowl movements today. I also realized that my feeding pistachios to my dog quite often, sometimes up to 6 per day is really bad. Wondering if it could cause pancreatitus issue that would make the intestines looked massed. Could bowl obstruction make the instestines look massed? Dr. thinks intestinal cancer

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Snuggles, 10.8 yr old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snuggles?

She has been not eating her favorite foods last 2 weeks and for 2 weeks prior, passing gas as she has never done before. Lethargic now, won't eat ice cream now. She strains to poo and nothing coming out if anything teaspoon size and gooey. Her bowel movement for the day was teaspoon size instead of of 10 tablespoons normal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
see attached x-rays. Dr also did ultrasound and said intestine in middle looked like cancer
but said ultrasound can make things look bigger than they are. The dog also had a greenie bone 4 days ago and tends the swallow the last bit whole and she is a small breed (pug)
dr completed basic bloodwork -- wondering if standard bloodwork would have included a test for pancreatitis
Answered in 1 day by:
10/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian