Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He scraped nose while retrieving and was bleeding. Applied…

He scraped nose while...

He scraped nose while retrieving and was bleeding. Applied wet compress until bleeding subsided. How treat the scraped nose and will black pigment come back.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about your dog's nose. This should heal, and the pigment should come back when it does, but if the wound is deep and leaves a scar it might not. If this is just a scrape, the pigment should come back.

You can apply a little Neosporin or triple antibiotic to the scrape for a day or so, twice daily.

Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions you may have.

Thank you. If he licks off neosporin will it hurt him. As soon as I put it on I suspect that's what will happen.

You are welcome! He probably will lick it, but a little bit will not be harmful if he ingests it. You can try to hold his mouth closed, or feed him, so it has a few minutes to be absorbed after applying it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kindly consider rating my answer, so the website knows to credit me for assisting you!

Thank you. I'll try that.

You are welcome!

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the great rating!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?