Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a back leg out of the socket. This happens once in…

Customer Question
He has a back...

He has a back leg out of the socket. This happens once in awhile and it usually pops back in. This time he seems to be in a lot more pain than usual.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

He is a rescue mutt. We think part daschound sp? and possibly pug

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the mutt's name and age?

Lou and we think 4 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lou?

He is shaking and is in pain when he walks. He doesn't walk very far.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No, but since this has happened numerous times before, I don't think it is the foot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Lou is in pain. How much does he weigh? There is not much safe over the counter medication for dogs, but you can give baby aspirin. If I know his weight, I can tell you a dose.

Is he putting any weight on that leg, or walking on three legs?

I did not hear back from you; how is Lou doing?

Can I answer any other questions?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian