Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 12 year old miniature dachshund who has had

Customer Question
Cushing’s for about 1 1/2...
I have a 12 year old miniature dachshund who has had Cushing’s for about 1 1/2 years. He was on medication but we had to take him off of it because it made him listless and ill . He has lumps all over his body that our Banfield vet told us were fatty deposits. He paces all of the time in the kitchen. Also, he has never had strong potty training habits, but he has been soiling the house more frequently. We had to put papers down to deal with it. His urine is dark and he has frequent stools. Also, he won’t walk past our cat and cries until we can come get him. We have doggy stairs to help him get on the bed, and he fell off of them the other night. Otherwise, he seems alert and barks like usual when someone comes to the house or even steps on our lawn. He also still enjoys his bones. I am trying to figure out if he is suffering and what to do about it. Do you have suggestions? Thanks!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
10/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian