Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 45lb standard poodle ate approximately half of an old tee…

Customer Question
My 45lb standard poodle...

My 45lb standard poodle ate approximately half of an old tee shirt during the night.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

13 years old. She had a tumor removed on Thursday so we had

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

A tee shirt on her so she wouldn't scratch.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Her name is Trinity

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Let's see if we can induce emesis and remove however much of that shirt remains in her stomach. This is done by dosing her with 45 mL of 3% hydrogen peroxide by means of a small poultry baster placed between her cheek teeth and cheek. She should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, please repeat the same dose. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian