Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My German shepherd. Bit my 16 wk Chihuahua and now she has…

Customer Question
My German shepherd. Bit...

My German shepherd. Bit my 16 wk Chihuahua and now she has some swollen on top of head. One of her eyes are swollen and she is resting right now . it happened like 45 minutes ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

My Chihuahua name is ***** ***** she is little over 16 wks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Squirrel?

My German shepherd is like 3 yrs old and his name is*****

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She is drinking her water and seems like some of the swellen has came down and she is more alert. But im so afraid of her not making it.
9/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How is she just now?

Is the eyeball swollen/damaged or the skin above it?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.