Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

BRUNO IS MY 9 YR OLD DACHSHOUND. LOVES TO EAT - THIS MORNING…

Customer Question
BRUNO IS MY 9...

BRUNO IS MY 9 YR OLD DACHSHOUND. LOVES TO EAT - THIS MORNING I HEARD A CRINKLY SOUND AND SHE WAS THERE TRYING TO OPEN A BAG OF CAT TREATS. SHE COUGHS OCCASIONALLY AND I CAN HEAR A CRINKLY SOUND, WHEN I PUT MY FINGER IN HER MOUTH SHE DOES NOT LIKE IT AND TENDS TO PUT HER TEETH ON MY FINGERS, I HAD HOPED I COULD MAKE HER THROW UP, BUT HOW?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

NO, SHE HAS NOT THROWN UP, WHAT SHOULD I TRY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

BRUNO AND SHE IS A HE.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about BRUNO?

NO HE IS ACTIVE, ATE SUPPER BUT I FEEL CONCERNED

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Do you think she ate some of the bag?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian