Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

3 days ago we took our 3 Schipperkes for a 4 mile walk. We…

Customer Question
3 days ago we...

3 days ago we took our 3 Schipperkes for a 4 mile walk. We haven't been on a long walk for awhile. 1 of my Schipperkes, Bear. A male approximately 7-10 years of age, walked slower than the other dogs for most of the time. after around 2 1/2 miles he stopped in his tracks. we proceeded to carry him most of the way back to the car. When we got home he ate. Since that time he refuses to eat and hardly will move. He displayed discomfort with his paws but no abrasions were apparent. Today he has a yellow discharge from his penis and is still lethargic, and not eating. He is drinking fluids though. He also did move a bit on his own today. Is he just extremely fatigued and muscle soreness or could walk cause a medical issue?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Mister Bear

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mister?

Bear does suffer from Colitus at times. He sometimes has small amounts of blood in his stool but the vet ran all kinds of tests and everything came back normal.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you tell me more about the vet visit? What tests were run and when?

Is he on any medication at this time?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian