Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm a house sitter there are 2 pug/beagles 4yrs & 10yrs. The…

I'm a house sitter...

I'm a house sitter there are 2 pug/beagles 4yrs & 10yrs. The 10yr old is peeing on their rugs even after I walk him or let him outside. He just had a physical a month ago and had his urine tested today and nothing is wrong. How do I help the owners get him to stop this?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the pug's name and age?

Caeser 10yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pug?

Caeser is taking meds for anxity

No supporting document. The owner says Caeser is just being a bad dog. But she seem pretty angry he is peeing on her nice rug.
9/29/2017
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

If the veterinarian has ruled out there is a medical problem with a urinalysis, than likely the problem is behavioral. If the owner's are committed, they can work to review house training with him (if he was previously). This can be time consuming and may not be practical if they are not home a lot and you are not there to take him out. One thing that would help a lot is to get him used to a dog crate when no one is home.

Here are a few links that may be helpful:

LINK HERE

LINK HERE

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Thank you kindly for the positive rating. It is truly appreciated.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

petdrz