Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Golden had a litter of 8 puppies on September 6th. She…

Customer Question
My Golden had a...

My Golden had a litter of 8 puppies on September 6th. She was eating fine, but over the last week we have noticed she is not eating and last night after she did eat (I mixed can food with the dry to try to get her to eat), she threw it up. I have never had a problem like this and am so concerned.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Golden eat anything unusual?

No not at all.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Golden?

Not that I can think of, obviously she is getting very thin.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian