Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has all her shots- she is 8 years old -she is a pug. She…

Customer Question
She has all her...

She has all her shots- she is 8 years old -she is a pug. She has a lump on her left chest inside. My Vet said it might be a fatty tissue and to see if it grows. She gagges at times and the last two feedings she spins around the room like she can't breath. I calm her down by putting a cold towel on her and get her breathing back to normal. She is overweight by three pounds and I don't believe that is the issue. She is normal after an hour of calming her down. I haven't change her food except I am giving her a different grain of hard food for a month.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Cookie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cookie?

She was losing her hair a few weeks ago and I thought she probably picked it up from the neighborhood. I keep her up to date with medicine. I did get special shampoo and anitobolic to heal her and she is find with the losing of her hair. She had alot of worm issues when she was a puppy. I bought her with health issues with worms and didn't know it from a puppy shop.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

No. I can't share a video because it only happens when she eats. After maybe 10 minutes she acts like she is in pain and can't find a position to get comfortable. I touch her to calm her and she is shaking inside. She goes around the sofa as to find something comfortable position to breath better. The only thing I see that calms her is cold suppressment on her with a towel. But it is very scary to see. It looks like she is going to die.

Have any diagnostics been run at this point, any bloodwork or x-rays since the onset of symptoms? If bloodwork has been run, do you have a copy to share?

If you're able to obtain a video at any point, please do. I'd be interested to see what you're seeing.

That is fine- I took care of the situation. I have a VET but because of the Hurricane in Florida and he was overbooked. I did see him and he gave her gastric food and also gave her a anal checkup. Thank you very much. I am not interested in paying for a phone call or joining this site. However, I am aware you will charge me 19 dollars for this visit. I am not interested in your 7 day free Trail so please do not charge me monthly for this chat site in the future. Have a good day.