Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog just ate something out of the trash that has Dr.

Customer Question
My dog just ate...

My dog just ate something out of the trash that has Dr. Scholl's Odor-X on it. What should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Sadie, 7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?

She is on Amoxicillin for a yeast infection

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Nothing. There's nothing harmful in the ingredient list for that product. Here's what the product site has to say:

"What Are the Ingredients?

• Alcohol Denat – used in many over-the-counter products, this ingredient is used in many cosmetic products, to remove microbes that are left on the skin even after thoroughly washing it.
  • Sodium Bicarbonate – Has disinfectant properties and is sometimes used as a fungicide. It is also used to get rid of fungal growth and odor caused by dampness.
  • Zinc Oxide – When used in powder form, it contains both antibacterial and deodorizing properties.
  • Isobutane – A harmless, odorless gas that is used in many products used for personal care.
  • Fragrance"

As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but Sadie wasn't intoxicated. There would be no reason to idnuce emesis or treat her in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.