Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy ate my husband's daily dose of pain medication. He…

Customer Question
My puppy ate my...

My puppy ate my husband's daily dose of pain medication. He weighs 5 lbs. and he ate two (2) Oxycodone-Acetaminophen.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your husband's puppy will be able to digest that. What is the puppy's name?

Gizmo

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. That would be an egregious and life-threatening overdose of both of the drugs in that medication. Please let me know that Gizmo has been attended to by a vet who decontaminated Gizmo by emesis and tubing of activated charcoal into his GI tract and Gizmo is being monitored in a critical care setting.