Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He fell off couch and he cry went you put him up are they…

Customer Question
He fell off couch...

He fell off couch and he cry went you put him up are they anything for pain that is safe he a 2 year old daudsund

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Scooter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

The only safe over the counter pain medications for dogs is aspirin. An aspirin dose for dogs is 5 mg/ pound every 12 hours with food

Please let your veterinarian know that you have administered aspirin if you take your pet into the office because it will effect what medications would be dispensed since aspirin requires a “washout period” of 48+ hours prior to changing to another non steroidal such as rimadyl, metacam, previcox.

Administer aspirin with food and if you note any reduced appetite, vomiting, diarrhea with administration then please discontinue its use.

You can also massage the back and rotate warm and cool compresses in 10 minute intervals if your pet will allow it to provide relief

To pick your Scooter up please use one hand between front legs and then scooping behind back legs to avoid pressure in the middle of the back and into the shoulders/ abdomen

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both, I am online another 30 minutes tonight

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago

Good evening, I wanted to check in on Scooter to see how he is doing after your question yesterday. Were you able to get him comfortable? I would love an update when you are able

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian