Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Diagnosed with sarcoptic mange end of May, knew she had it…

Customer Question
Diagnosed with sarcoptic mange...

Diagnosed with sarcoptic mange end of May, knew she had it last end of August, vet refused to treat even though I was getting bit. I can't get them out of my home or off of her or me. They are in my hair, have been in my eyes. She had been around my other dog that my ex has. I went through this before. When other dog was no longer living with me all symptoms just went away. I DO NOT want to get rid of this dog but It's looking like there's no other way.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Layla, she's around 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Layla?

She's been on bravecto it didn't last 2 months and made her sick with bloody thick mucus smells like rotten meat. Getting ready to give 3rd nexgard chew 6 days early

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How can I best assist you today?

I just pd money for no answer at all about what to do?

I responded on 9/29 asking for an update on your companion. It seems as though you may not have received that notification. Would you like to continue our discussion today? If so, I'll need an update on how your companion is doing at this time. Can you also share pictures of what you're seeing? Are any medications aside from the Nexgard being given?