Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I take a lot of pics of my puppy, but today one showed a…

Customer Question
I take a lot...

I take a lot of pics of my puppy, but today one showed a large told spot in one eye. Someone said I should have it checked it out. I said it was just a reflection, but now I a not sure. He is an eight-month-old toy poodle, apparently very healthy. I can send a pic if it would be beneficial. Thank you SO MUCH for any help you can give me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

His name is*****'s an all-black poodle and absolute perfection. He comes from a serious pedrigree so I would be surprised he has a problem. More than that, I would be devastated anything could be wrong with my precious little buy.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gabriel?

Not really. As far as I know, he's extremely healthy. He's a very small toy, however. A male at 5-1/2 lbs.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I would very much like to see photo(s). You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ It can be difficult taking a good close-up of an eye so please check that your pic is in focus and shows what you want me to see prior to uploading it.

Thank you. An orange/yellow spot isn't normal. I can't tell, however, if I'm seeing this color in his pupil or if it's on his cornea (the clear window of the eye). Can you see his pupil in this eye? If should look black as it does in the other eye.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?